Useful Tips For Single Parents
Today I am proud to bring you a guest post from the lovely Amalia Liberman. If you are a single mama or dad who is struggling to navigate the rough waters of raising a child on your own, then these useful tips are for you!
Scroll on down to read Amalia’s post with tips every new single parent needs to know!
Useful Tips For Single Parents
Today, there are many more single-parent families than in the past, and this new family dynamic comes with its own set of challenges, as well as a host of benefits. Let us give you a few tips to help your new family unit succeed and prosper.
For anyone blessed with a child, you know the joy and love of having them in your life. And having a supportive and attentive spouse, partner, or otherwise, only adds to the experience, because with another person to help and to guide the child, the adventure of parenthood is shared, and everyone involved is enriched by the loving environment.
But if something has happened that has put you in the position to have to raise a child by yourself, new and unexpected challenges arise, and you no longer have that support system to fall back on. And being a single parent all the sudden can be scary.
Fears about money, childcare, time, and keeping appropriate tabs on how your child is evolving as a person, all have to be restructured to fit your new normal.
The single parent life
If circumstances have caused you to suddenly be considered a single parent, it can be a hard pill to swallow, but at the same time, can be a new and exciting chapter in the life of your small family.
Whether you are a single parent with one child, many children, or even a single parent with twins, the common denominator is the children, and their love for you will help you weather the new reality you must create.
Maybe you are a newly single parent to be, or have already had a little bundle of joy and are a single parent on maternity leave, you have an opportunity to shape your world while your baby is still learning it themselves.
Plus, having only one voice when buying baby products like your first umbrella stroller at top-mom.com is an unexpected benefit.
Some great ideas
Here are some tips to help you further grasp a new family dynamic:
- Structure is key. Kids need a solid and maintained routine. Meals, bedtimes, and even chore schedules are a must to keep chaos at bay.
- Show them plenty of love. Even when you are stressed about the hectic nature of a one-parent family household, they need to know you love them with all you are.
- Respect, manners, and gratitude are learned traits, and kids need them to be capable and worthwhile members of society. And it is just a good policy to have.
- Let them know when you are proud of them. Don’t let the little things slip through the cracks. They will seek your approval less and less if they feel like you don’t care.
- There are resources, support groups, and places you can go to meet other individual parental figures, such as specifically geared single parent events. Get some support from others in the same situation and compare notes.
Conclusion: As the number of single-parent families increase, there are more new resources every day to help these new family styles to thrive, giving them a helping hand in their brave new world. Have you experienced life of individualized parenting, and can you share some of your own tips?
Amalia Liberman is a wife and a mother of two as well as a novelist and writer, the author has been featured in Women’s Health magazine and also written different articles in lifestyle magazines. Her passions lead her to search out knowledge with all her searching and she doesn’t mind sharing her findings.
Thank you to Amalia for her wonderful post! Please feel free to leave a comment for her or me and don’t forget to share & subscribe before you go! You won’t want to miss a thang!
Love, Jess XO