Hey there mamas!
Today I will be doing a quick post featuring my top 5 picks for the best beauty hacks for us busy moms. I don’t think I need to add much more than that, so if you’re ready to begin, then lets’ jump right in!
- Winged Liner Tricks: Do you love the look of winged liner or shadow but hate how much time and effort it takes to create the look? Well, I just learned some tricks that will save the day and our fabulous eyes! Using a bobby pin, place the pin right on the corner of your eye where you want your wing to be, then just draw your wing inside the bobby pin making an almost perfect base for a dramatic wing! Then just fill it in and bam! You can also use a clear piece of tape to create flawless winged eyeshadow! Just place the piece of tape right under your eye and create the look you want, then gently remove the tape for a perfect line!
2. Egg Whites For Your Eyes: Here is a perfect little hack for those crazy mornings where you look like the busy stressed out tired mom you are. For a quick all natural fix you can do during breakfast, just whip up some egg whites and place them under your eyes for a few minutes to get rid of those under eye bags! So next time you’re making breakfast for the kids, remember to save some eggs for yourself for a fresh looking face!
- Rubber Band Manicure: Love the look of a french manicure but don’t have the time to go to the nail salon or have the money to pay for one? Well, here is an easy way to get a perfect salon look at home! Using a rubber band, place it around your finger near the top of your nail and paint the tip of your nail and then remove the rubber band! Boom!
4. Overnight Hair & Body Mask: As moms, we don’t always have time for self-care, so this overnight trick is perfect for giving silky soft hair and skin with almost zero time! Simply slather on some coconut oil all over your body, right after a bath or shower would be best, and don’t forget to slather your hair in the stuff as well. Then go to bed as usual and wake up to the softest hair and smoothest arms and legs! Good deal right?
5. Set Your Hair: My last pick is a hairstyle hack that I do allllll the time! Straight after washing your hair, whether it be AM or PM, just twist your hair up all around your head and pin with bobby pins. You can also use a headband and just twist your hair and tuck it under the headband. Leave for an hour or two while you finish getting ready, or you can blast it with the blow dryer to speed things along if you have less time. Or sleep on it overnight. When you let your hair down, you will be left with perfect waves or bouncy curls, depending on your hair type and how tight you twisted your locks. Run your fingers through it and set with a styling hairspray and there you go! Easy peasy way to style your hair without damaging your hair or taking, even more, time to dry and use a styling device. Thank me later you gorgeous thing. 😉
And that’s all she wrote! I hope you enjoyed my quick fix beauty hacks and that you have found a new way to keep yourself looking amazing even when you feel like crying on the inside. Admit it, all of us moms feel this way….no lie.
Spring Cleaning Time!
Hey sexy mamas! Spring has officially sprung so I thought I would put together some really nifty spring cleaning hacks for all you busy stressed out mamas who could use a hand when it comes to keeping the house clean and organized. I know I sure could! So without further ado, let’s get into this.
- Hack #1: If you have a microfiber couch, this is going to save it. Seriously. For all the dirt, stains, pet hair and all around uck that lives on your couch, here is a genius way to get it back to looking brand new and like you don’t have any kids living with you! Just mix 1 part rubbing alcohol and 1 part water in a spray bottle, spritz all over your couch, focusing on the dirty spots then take a clean white sponge and wipe away all the mess. Lastly, to spruce it all up and make it look new, once the couch is dry take a bristle brush and go over all the microfibers to fluff. Bam! Clean and new looking couch! 😉
- Hack #2: You probably know that your dishwasher and washing machine can be used to sanitize yucky things, but do you actually do it? I’m guessing your answer is no….well, it’s time to start! This is perfect for sanitizing all those germy toys after your kids have been sick, or smashed them in the mud, spilled juice etc or even the drooly baby toys or pet toys. So, for the hard plastic toys that will be safe for the dishwasher, just toss them in, no detergent needed and put on sanitize. For the plush and softer toys, stuffed animals etc, just toss them into the washer on its sanitize mode. Easy peasy!
- Hack #3: Life with kids equals carpet stains, that’s just how it is. No matter how hard we try, we can’t escape the messes and accidents that those little monsters bring with them. So, to battle, the stains left behind, here is a hack that is sure to bring up the stains leaving your carpet fresh and clean….for like 5 seconds right? Mix water and vinegar into a spray bottle and soak the area with the stain, then place a damp cloth over the spot. Now take an iron…yes, an iron, and place on top of the cloth on the steam setting and let it sit on the spot for about half a minute. Then take off the iron, and lift up the cloth to reveal the stain gone! Pure magic!
- Hack #4: Got greasy spills on your kid’s clothes? No worries! It’s not ruined forever if you have chalk handy! Just grab a piece of white chalk, it has to be white and rub it all over the greasy spot then just toss it into the wash as usual. The chalk will absorb all the grease to help take it all out in the wash. Flippin’ brilliant!
- Hack #5: When spring cleaning time comes, organization is key. Sorting through outgrown clothes, the toys they no longer play with and all the random junk your house accumulates, it’s good to organize everything into separate boxes for easier sorting, decision making and storage. Dedicate a clean storage bin to each item of things you are cleaning out in your house, one box for the clothes to donate or store away, one for the toys, and so on. Having clear bins is helpful because you can see exactly what’s in each box without having to label anything. It makes spring cleaning so much less stressful and you can easily organize and store all the stuff you’re cleaning out. These bins right here are perfect!
Ok mamas, now you’re ready to rock n’ roll and tackle your spring cleaning! Hope I’ve helped to make it less of a dreaded chore! Enjoy the hacks, may they bring you much peace.
Love, Jess XO